XC (cross-country) mountain biking is becoming increasingly more preferred today. Cross-country is a place where both laid-back bikers and downhill bikers own four-wheel bikes and ski lifts to reach their latest destination.
In this guide, we will cover some of the best cross-country mountain bikes that can be found on Amazon. We chose these three cross-country bikes for their numerous positive reviews, as well as for their competitive prices.
If you are in the market for a cross-country bike, then you have definitely come to the right place!
Top #3 Cross-Country MTB
Nothing compares with the ease with which an MTB allows us to get away from the wider surface and away from the hustle of the city. If you are anticipating owning one quickly, it would certainly offer you well to compare several of the best mountain bike brand names and their bike models in advance.
A mountain bike is designed for riding on sturdy off-road terrain, and therefore, has extremely different attributes as compared to other types of bikes. Riding on such sturdy surface and incorporating it with the hostile style of riding, makes it a matter of concern to adopt a reliable and tried and true brand. A reliable bike brand commonly speaks for itself, and hence, warranties safety to its riders. This article presents the three of the best mountain bicycle brand names worldwide and a few of their best bikes for your examination.
#1 – Kent Thruster KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike, 26-Inch
The Kent Thruster KZ2600 is one of the best cross-country mountain bikes that money can buy. The bike features a 26-inch full suspension aluminium frame, which makes it perfect for anyone who needs to transport it between locations.
The extra light frame of the bike makes the cycle a viable option all types of cross country mountain bike riding. You won’t need to worry about excess weight as it is constructed from aluminium, which is known to be a durable and lightweight compound.
The KZ2600 has dual suspension 65mm travel forks, allowing you to traverse different kinds of terrain with ease. You won’t feel every bump or rock along the way either with its straightforward and safe design.
In addition to the suspension rods on the bike, it also has a Shimano 21 speed shifter. The extra gears will allow you to get enough torque to conquer hills and valleys, all without exhausting yourself when you are on long rides.
The front disc and rear pull brakes are of a simplistic design that keeps the rider’s comfort and security in mind. You can always upgrade the bike’s brakes if you are dissatisfied with their performance. The brakes come off quickly, as there are secured by only a couple of screws that can easily be adjusted.
#2 – Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle (29-Inch)
Another great option for a cross-country mountain bike is that offered by Mongoose. This bike offers an aluminium suspension frame that works to maximize the rider’s comfort and performance. Like other aluminium frames, it is assumed to be comfortable and safe to use even under extreme use.
The single element suspension fork increases the responsiveness of your riding experience, as well as working to smooth over small bumps along the way. You won’t be distracted when you are going down steep trails, which can significantly improve your safety and experience overall.
The bike comes with a 21-speed Shimano rear twist shifters that give you enough torque and power. These shifters allow you to quickly change the gears in a heartbeat, giving you all the flexibility you could want out of a bike at your fingertips.
A key feature of the bikes offered by Mongoose are the quick release alloy wheels. You can quickly change the wheels on this mountain bike, which can save you valuable time and energy when you are out and about on your trails, leaving you with more time spent on riding and less on changing tires.
#3 – Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mg Alloy Wheel Mountain Bike
The Merax Finnis 26” bike stands out from the rest with its impress 21-speed alloy wheel design. The lightweight alloy wheels provide a smooth ride and easy transport, which is unlike the cross country mountain bikes on the market.
There is a tuning lockout suspension fork included in the bicycle, increasing the control of the bike, and the Shimano 21 speed shifters will give you gear for every situation you could find yourself in. There are also front and rear disc brakes that give you an unbelievable amount of stopping power.
What people like most about the bikes made by Merax is how quick and easy they are to assemble. There are no complicated parts that you need to fit in the cycle, nor do you need any extra tools in order to get started. The wheels come with a quick release pin that can easily be toggled to take the wheels on and off.
The bike arrives 85% assembled; you will just need to to add the pedals, front wheel, handlebars, and to increase the pressure of the tires. It should take you no longer than an hour in order to start using the Merax Finiss 26”, which is one of the fastest times in the market today.
The wheel size is a standard 26 inches, which is known as the ideal size for navigating through multiple trails when mountain biking. Tires of different sizes can also be added, as well as changing the brakes and seat around for added comfort and details.
Are You Buying the Right Mountain Bike?
But what type of bike do you require? You could work out your needs by asking yourself some questions, like these:
- What sort of biking am I going to do?
- This is possibly the very best question to start out with. You’ll have to consider what terrain you will be riding on most of the time and in what conditions.
- If you are upgrading from an older model, did it fit your needs?
- Your older bike might not have managed downhill riding as well as you would have liked. Perhaps you need a top notch, disc-brake system on your new bike? You will have to search for a bike with all the functions you’ll need.
- Do you want a cross-country mountain bicycle?
- Basically, a cross-country mountain bike is designed for trails. They are not created, for example, to the surface where there may be a lot of rocks or debris in your way.
- Is weight an issue?
- Some cyclists desire a very light bike. There are different sorts of bikes weigh more according to what they will be used for. Cross-country mountain bicycle is often the lightest type, while downhill bikes could evaluate a lot more.
- What is your budget?
- Bikes range from the chain store model which is really economical approximately the expert bike which could set you back as high as a new car.
Now think about these fundamentals because of the needs you’ve discovered:
- Types – Cross country, hard tail, complete suspension, downhill, dirt jump and endure mountain bicycle; customize your selection to your individual preferences.
- Setting up – Bikes might be bought fully set up or as a bare structure to which you could add individual hand-picked parts.
- Brakes – The original brake is a pull V-brake or cantilever. Disc brakes are a good choice for muddy or hilly conditions and edge, or caliper brakes are found just on really standard, economical bikes.
- Frame – Steel, carbon fiber, alloy. Steel frames are economical and durable but additionally hefty and require more riding effort.
Naturally, cross-country cycling could even be made more pleasurable if you do it with a couple of friends. By doing this, you discover more areas and feel safe in the concept that you are not alone.
Being with friends also can come in quite handy if, as an example, you came across a minor accident and you could not be able to pedal for a couple of hours.
Apart from these, you also reach experience those priceless bonding minutes with friends while going out on a cross-country flight with your mountain bike.
Cross-country biking on your mountain bikes is a wonderful way to give your body the workout it needs. Not just will you be giving your body a complete exercise, you would certainly also be according to your brain lots of workout, making you more concentrated and alert.
So if you’re new to Mountain-Biking, or even an expert, Cross-Country mountain cycling needs to be on your list of new things to attempt. It provides a new selection of bikes, areas to bike, and a new twist to mountain-biking as we understand it.
So if you’re tired and intend to experience a new, exciting, thrilling experience, offer XC Mountain-biking a try.
LAST UPDATED ON:
Latest posts by Ira Ryan (see all)
- Guide: Choose The Perfect Audio Device for Cycling - January 21, 2020
- What are the Best Mountain Bike Shoes? - January 21, 2020
- How To Choose The Best Mountain Bike Pedals - January 21, 2020